Never Too Far - Abbi Glines
♥♥♥ 3 Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I could love this man and be happy with him the rest of my life. I just hoped I got the chance."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Blaire has returned to her hometown in Alabama, after leaving everything behind in Florida, including Rush. She doesn't know what to do with her life now. Cain has been a good friend to her now that she needed one. He helped her stay at his grandmother's house. One day, Bethy comes to visit and tries to persuade her to move back to Rosemary to be her new roommate. Blaire doesn't know if she can face everyone again, especially now that she is the one hiding a secret.

Okay... well I totally knew what Blaire was gonna keep a secret. I just felt that was exactly what would end up happening. Anyways, I liked this book but definitely not as much as the first. I really enjoyed the first book, but this one felt like not much was going on while at the same too much was going. That probably doesn't make any sense. What I mean is that too much of the stuff that was happening wasn't really entertaining to me so I needed more of something, I guess. Instead of all of their uncertainty and misunderstandings. It just kept going back and forth, back and forth. It was a little repetitive.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“No. One. Comes. Before You.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Listen to me, Blaire. If you try to go anywhere I will chase you down. I will become your shadow. I won't let you out of my sight because I can't live without you. I made so many damn mistakes with you I don't even want to try and count them but I am going to start making things right from here on out.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I don't really know what to say about Rush. I definitely liked him more in this book, because I was able to understand him through his POV. I loved that it was dual POV, by the way! But then he also felt different. I loved that he was such a bad boy in the first book, but in this one he wasn't really. He just kept making stupid decisions and being a freaking idiot. But I will admit I love how he changed in some ways for the better. I hated his whore-like ways, now he was learning to be more considerate of Blaire's feelings. He was learning how to be in a relationship in general, since he had never been in one before. He was sweet and caring. So, I definitly liked that.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“She’s amazing. No… she’s perfect. Everything about her is f*cking perfect,” I said aloud then shifted my gaze back to Meg. “I don’t just love her, she owns me. Completely. I’d do anything for her.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“If Rush were just some guy I had broken up with it would be. But he wasn’t. He never would be. He was more. Much more than she could understand.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Blaire, Blaire, Blaire... I don't know why she turned so insecure. I still liked her though. She was still independent, strong, and really horny in this book *snickers*, but she just kept doubting everything. She didn't believe a relationship would be possible with Rush because they come from two different "worlds". I hated how she didn't feel like she could measure up to his lifestyle. I also disliked how she didn't really trust when Rush was telling her he loved her. I mean, the boy would not freaking quit. What else did she need? Oh and then Rush ends up blowing everything. This is when I finally understand why she was so reluctant. Rush just pissed me off in one part, which of course involved his sister.

Which brings me to his sister, Nan. I still HATE her. No more to add.

Woods... I LOVE YOU! I think he is a awesome character. I think I fell in love with him more in this book. I seriously can't wait for his book!!

There was also a big revelation made in this book by Blaire's dad. Apparently there was more to the secret from the first book. I wasn't really expecting that. I don't know why all the lies? Why couldn't they just tell the truth from the start. I still don't really get that. But I am SO happy with the revelation!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“No man has ever loved a woman as much as I love you. Nothing will ever come before you. I don’t know what else I have to do to prove to you that I won’t let you down again. I won’t hurt you. You don’t have to be alone anymore. I need you.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

They got their HEA and everything did end on a happy note. I was left wanting more, though. It just kind of ended rather abruptly and I wished there would have been an epilogue or something. But I'm guessing that is what the third book will be about, more on their future. Overall, It was a good read, don't get me wrong. But I for sure loved the first book more. If you want to read the bonus chapter to this book, check out the link below.