Darkhouse  - Karina Halle
*** 4 Creepy Clown Lady Stars***

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Perry-- “How come you aren’t afraid?”
Dex-- “Because I find life to be scarier than death,” he replied matter-of-factly."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I would usually not go for a book like this. But, since everyone talks highly of this series, I had to give it a try. I had no idea what to expect, well except for that fact that it was gonna freak me out. I am surprised that I actually enjoyed it alot. It did start off a bit slow. But I instantly felt a kinship to Perry. I totally got her. I loved her sense of humour and how she kind of just didn't give a fuck.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Somehow, by dealing with the dead, I had never felt so alive.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Perry Palomino is trying to find her place in the world. She knows that the nine to five life just doesn't suit her. But she does it to please her parents. She is 22 years old and not sure what it is she wants to do with her life. On a family trip to her Uncle Al's home, she decides to explore the lighthouse that resides in his property. What she stumbles upon is a man doing the exact same thing, but with a video camera, Declan "Dex" Foray. He is a producer and camera man, among other things, for Shownet. A website that produces online shows.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Because sometimes I lie, Perry. We all lie, even you, but not everyone is brave enough to admit it.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Dex was really confusing to me. He kinda freaked me out in the beginning but then later on I also found myself trusting him like Perry did. I didn't know what to think of him. But I have to agree with Perry... he was freaking sexy.... in a brooding, arrogant, sarcastic way. Plus, he was also hilarious! I loved the banter between these two. There was one point in particular where I just couldn't help but fall for Dex. He can be so sweet and just plain awesome!! He asks Perry to join him in making a web show called "Experiment in Terror" where they will investigate different locations for paranormal experiences. Of course she accepts!

The story grabbed my attention when the "creepy clown lady" kept showing up. I would piss my pants if this lady ever appeared, I'm not kidding. The creepy smile... scary!! She seems to be following Perry everywhere and never says too much, but when she does, her messages are cryptic and confusing.

The events that took place in the lighthouse also freaked the heck out of me!! I would need to wear my depends at all times, because I am totally not kidding when I say, I WOULD PISS MY PANTS!! It was terrifying. Old Roddy with the kelp, water, disfigured face... yeah, not fun.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Were you staring at my ass?"
"Yes," he replied without hesitation.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

What was fun was the subtle sexual tension between Dex and Perry. I wonder if that will end up increasing with each book? This book was a really great read. I really enjoyed the characters immensely and can't wait to see what the next book has in store.