Red Fox  - Karina Halle
***4.25 Crazy Demonic Animal Stars***

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"The truth is in the fire."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The first episode of Experiment in Terror was not a complete failure, but not a success either. The show has not been canned... yet. Dex is contacted by an old "friend" to ask him to head over to a ranch and investigate the activity going on there. He accepts and so Perry and Dex head over to Red Fox, New Mexico to see if what is happening, could be about poltergeists. They were dead wrong. There is also one thing they need to do in order to stay with this Christian Native American couple. They must pretend to be married.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Ghosts don't harm or maim people. They just scare. Skinwalkers...they kill. I think you are all in real danger."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

There are all sorts of weird things happening, but it all has to do with animals. There was a demonic fox, snake, crow, bear, the list goes on. I think the crow scared me the most, just because (and this is a true story) I once got attacked by one. NO JOKE. I hate and fear crows to this day. *shudders*

But these animals are not possessed. They are Skinwalkers... powerful humans that are into some dark magic stuff. They shift into different animals. Sometimes... even other humans. This means, Dex and Perry can trust NO ONE.

These Skinwalkers are serious people, they freaked the hell out of me. I didn't know who to believe. I kept swaying as to who could be the good and bad people. Everyone became suspicious to me. I think this is what held my interest so much. The fact that I wasn't 100% sure who was behind it all.

"Dex," I whispered.
"Mmmm?" he grunted.
"I hope you never stop feeling alive."
I could have sworn his heart skipped a few beats. He tensed. Then relaxed.
"As long as you’re around," he said softly, "I’ll be alive."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I hope you never stop feeling alive."
I could of sworn his heart skipped a few beats. He tensed. Then relxed.
"As long as you're around," he said softly, "I'll be alive."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

What also held my interest was the fact that Dex and Perry seem to be getting closer. The tension between them is getting stronger. I LOVED IT! I seriously love the banter between these two. Dex surprised me and Max (Dex's friend) reveals a bit of Dex's past. I am still confused by him but I feel like in each book, I will get to know more about this mysterious man. That hasn't stopped me from sighing and swooning for him. Oh yeah, Dex can dance!.... GOOD! haha! Who knew?

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You’re like a ghost magnet. Why do you think I like having you around?”
My mouth dropped momentarily. “Because I’m awesome.”
“Oh, well, that too.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Perry I still love, she is awesome. I feel like she is slowly but surely becoming braver. I love the ramblings of her mind and the little jokes she says. I also see that she is starting to embrace that there might be something different about her. I think there is.

This book was a LOT better for me than the first one. Just because there was no intro, it just kind of jumped right on in. The suspense with the Skinwalkers had me not wanting to stop reading. But I do wonder what that episode is going to look like. I'm not sure they got a whole lot. But anyways, I can't wait to see Dex and Perry get... closer? I sure hope they do! Now on to the next.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"And with madness comes the light."