Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror #3) - Karina Halle
*** 5 Island of Dead Stars***

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Red sky at morning, sailors take warning."
"Red sky at night, sailor’s delight”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“This is the Island of Death. This is purgatory. This place has a dark soul of its own. And it will drown you in its depths.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Dex once again, has found a perfect location for them to film the next episode of Experiment In Terror. It is at D'Arcy Island off the coast of Victoria, British Columbia. The island seems to be inhabited by the ghosts of the ill people that died there. Once they set foot on the island, the ghosts that haunt seem anything but dead, in fact, they look to be very much alive.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“No. It’s always been like this. I know it has been. I feel like I can’t tell what’s a dream. What’s real. I’m going crazy. I have to be. What if all the world is inside of my head?”

--Perry

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This one was definitely THE BEST of the series so far! I completely devoured it and in doing so, scared the hell of myself. There was so much going on. Perry starting seeing things around the island and it frustrated me so much that Dex couldn't see it too. I hated what the island was doing to both of them. It was messing up with their minds, as well as my own. I felt like I was turning mad, just like Perry was feeling. The lepers, Reverend John, Mary, racoons, and the child terrified me! I wanted them to LEAVE the island before they even got on it. It was the creepy!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Perry-- "What if I really am alone?"
Dex-- "Baby, you aren't alone. I'm here."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Dex and Perry have seemed to have gotten closer and the sexual tension was at an all time high. I was über excited because I have been wanting them to get closer since this series started. There was one scene in particular that was intensely hot! I loved it! But I also kinda wanted it to end. This was because some more revelations were made in this book. We get to know a little bit more about both Perry and Dex. But now, I really want them to hopefully get together now, that some things are out in the open. I'm hoping that happens soon... like in the next book. *fingers crossed*

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You know I'd do anything for you. You mean...
so much to me."

--Dex

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I loved the way this one was written. I found myself being held captive by the scary story. I could feel my heart beating faster in many parts of the book. It was so good. I am glad I stuck around because I have become totally addicted to the series. I can't wait to read the next one!!