On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5) - Karina Halle
***4.75 Terrifyingly Possessed Stars***

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Perry, we all just want to help you.”

That’s what they always said. Everyone always wants to help but no one ever wants to believe me.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

It's been several months since Perry left without a backwards glance from Dex's apartment. They have been filled with sadness and anger, but she is moving on with her life. She is different, yet still the same. Perry now has a part-time job to replace the one she had as "ghost hunter" on Experiment In Terror. But soon, things start to become a blur. She literally cannot remember some moments in her waking life. She finds her self in places without knowing why she is there, it's like her brain blanks out. Slowly, Perry finds she is unable to control herself. She is haunted and each incident is much worse than the last. But what will happen to her, when everyone doubts what she sees, and hears. She is not crazy. That's what she thinks, anyways.

THIS WAS BY FAR, THE MOST SCARIEST BOOK YET OF THE SERIES!!

I am not kidding... this book had me completely horror-struck. Everything terrible that happened to Perry, had me covered in goosebumps. I feared for her so much and I didn't know what could be done to stop it. I felt so much anger that no one was taking her seriously. Her family... TERRIBLE! I hated them! How could they not try to be more open to what their daughter was telling them. I disliked them for still continuing to deny what was so obviously happening. Instead they plead insanity to it all. The only one I really LOVED was Perry's sister, Ada. She was the rock Perry desperately needed during that tormenting time. She was AWESOME! Maximus on the other hand... a total DOUCHECANOE!! Nuff said.

The spiders (Worst nightmare come to life)

The red-eyed demons

Abby...
Oh and let's not forget the exorcism. But I will NOT be putting a gif for that, sorry but no can do. I am NOT going to even search it. It's so very horrifying!! All I think about is the movie and that gave me nightmares so... NO!! *shudders*

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"...Perry, you deserve a lifetime of servitude. Eons of groveling. Even then, I don't think I can show you enough, do enough to let you see. And that's OK... But tonight, now, I'm not going to give up on you. I'm going to fix you or," his voice fell with weight, "die trying."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Dex comes back to save the day. I missed Dex so much in this book, which is why I couldn't give this book 5 stars. I just felt like he is very important and needs to be in it. Instead we got stuck with Maximus, whom I always distrusted and was now proved right for doing so. *Deep breath* Anyways, I LOVED that Dex finally showed up. *sigh*

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I guess I have to save your life at some point now," I said. "To make things even."
"Perry," he said quietly, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, "you'll never have to save my life. You
gave me life. I never lived a single day until the day I first met you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Again, the ending freaking killed me!! Why did it have to end like this. I am so ANGRY and so SCARED!!! Stupid cliffhanger. I NEED to know what happens to them. I am not liking where this is heading but I will continue. I just have too. Hopefully, all will take a turn for the better...