Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6) - Karina Halle
♥♥♥ 4.5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

And with madness comes the light.
Within your light, I lose the madness.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Dex knows something needs to be done, Perry can no longer stay with her parents. So, he makes an offer she can't refuse, to move in with him in Seattle. Perry doesn't really want to move in with him, but she knows she doesn't have a choice. So she accepts. But now, she is eager to get out of there as soon as possible but she needs a job first. Jimmy wants her back on Experiment In Terror, he will even increase her pay. Perry agrees despite Dex not wanting her to, and they are sent to investigate a possible Sasquatch sighting in a remote area in Canada. What they find, is definitely not a Sasquatch.

At the very beginning I was so happy that Dex swooped in to take her away from her parents (that think she is crazy). I felt bad that she had to leave Ada behind, though. I really liked her in the last book. But then I became excited with the possibilites of Dex and Perry fixing things between them.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I was trying to be a better man, Perry. For you."
I shifted in my seat. "Dex…"
"And I’ll keep trying," he quickly said, voice low and somber. "Until I get it right."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

That sadly didn't happen. I hated the awkwardness between them. I hated that Perry was keeping her distance. I wanted them to talk their shit through and say what needed to be said, the TRUTH. But all they were doing, or should I say Perry was doing, was trying to hurt Dex. I didn't think it was fair, she wasn't free of guilt for what happened between them either. I was very sad.

They go to Canada to investigate a Sasquatch sighting, reluctantly. They want ghosts, not urban legends. I had bad vibes about everyone from the start. Maybe the series has made me paranoid, in fact, I'm pretty sure it has, because I trust no new character. I was suspicious of all of them.

Especially Mitch, he a cray cray mofo. I was creeped out by him from the start. So I was keeping my eyes on him the most, and it ended up being for good reason. He was such a sick bastard.

I loved the way Dex was poking fun at the Llamas. I couldn't stop laughing at the nickname he gave Apricot, Twatwaffle. I seriously couldn't help but chuckle. And Perry kept trying to defend him. Hilarious!!

This was scary, but I don't think it was the same kind of scary as the previous books. Since there was no ghost but some unknown beast that was terrorizing everyone. It still had my heart pounding. I am not 100% sure what it was. I was creeped out by it all. It didn't help that Mitch was around as their "guide". I couln't wait for them to run away to safety. They did that, there was a lot of running away from this monster.

The part that was killing me, was not knowing what Perry was going to decide. I didn't know if she would take the risk again and let her heart be in Dex's hands again. I desperately wanted her to say YES, because Dex, was different. They both were now. They had grown up during their time apart. They were ready for the relationship they wanted. Dex ended up putting his heart out there for Perry. I was so angry and saddened by her response. I wanted to slap some sense into her. I wanted the pain to stop.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"This is me trying, Perry," he said softly, the anger being drained of his face. "This is me taking my heart out of my chest and putting the bloody mess in your hands. I can’t give you much more than that."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I love you Perry," he whispered, mouth moving in my hair. "I love you so fucking much. And I’m losing myself. I’m losing myself to you and I don’t care anymore because there’s never been a better feeling in the whole fucking world. I love you. So much. Too much. Always."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The ending had me deliriously happy!! I want it to stay in this happy good mood for awhile. I couldn't stop grinning. Poor Dex kept on trying that I felt bad for him. But it all ended good in the end. I just hope that this means things will move forward and that Perry doesn't end up going back again. I loved it! Moving on the next.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You are a part of me Dex. You're every part of me. Always have been. Always will be."