Thief (Love Me With Lies, #3) - Tarryn Fisher

♥♥♥ 5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Olivia. I've lost her three times. The first was to impatience. The second was to a lie so dense we couldn't work our way through it. And the third time --this time-- I've lost her to Noah."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Where do I start with this book. Well, I had been anticipating reading Caleb Drake's POV since the series began. I wanted to know what his thoughts were of everything that happened. I can say that this book was really heartbreaking for me. I was in so much pain for all the years that passed them by, for all the could have beens, for all the misunderstandings when Caleb could have been with Olivia. I had no idea how much Caleb was suffering since he hid it so well, from what I got from the first two books. I knew he wasn't happy, but I didn't know how much it was all really taking a toll on him.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Maybe our souls touched underneath that tree. Maybe I decided to love her. Maybe love wasn’t our choice. But when I looked at that woman, I saw myself differently. And it wasn’t in a good light. Not a thing would keep me from her. And that could make a person do things they never thought themselves capable of. What I felt for her scared the hell out of me. It was a consuming obsession"

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book, like in the previous two, alternates from present to past. I loved that I finally got to see what Caleb was thinking when he initially met Olivia. He fell for her pretty fast and I couldn't help but swoon!! I hated the fact that Olivia couldn't see that she was so fortunate to have a guy like Caleb in her life. He loved and still loves her deeply. But they both needed to grow up. Which they do in the end. I was surprised with how much Olvia changed for the better over the years but still managed to stay true to herself. I really liked that. She ended up being not so bad.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I want your babies, and your anger, and your cold blue eyes. I want to go on anniversary dinners with you, I want to wrap Christmas presents with you. I want to fight with you about stupid things and then hold you down in my bed and make it up to you. I want to have more cake batter fights and camping trips. I want your future, Olivia. Please come back to me."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Caleb has finally reached a point where he knows he must be with Olivia. It's her or no one. She is exactly what he needs and wants. The problem is, and this kept frustrating me, was that Caleb needed to convince Olivia to stay with him... to choose him. I don't understand why after everything they had gone through, Olivia still resisted. I know she was scared but I wanted her to take that leap. It was killing me like it was them to not be together. I also hated that Noah, Cammie, and Leah continued to try to keep them apart. I liked Noah in the beginning, but then I didn't like him so much. The same with Cammie. I didn't think I could hate Leah more, but I did. This woman will never learn. At least Olivia learned from her mistakes and tried to make ammends.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Let me carry you out. I'll never let you touch the ground. I was made to carry you, Olivia. You're fucking heavy with all of your guilt and self loathing. But, I can do it. Because I love you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

There were so many great moments in this book. Like I said, I SWOONED so hard for Caleb. So many touching moments that warmed my heart. With the ring, the penny, Peter Pan, the funny matching t-shirts, the list goes on. There were so many things they would say and do with each other, that might seem insignificant to others, but to them as a couple, it was important. Who knew they were such an adorable couple. It was just so freaking cute. I started out not wanting them to be together but very soon found myself changing my mind. I finally got that they were two imperfect characters that together, were meant to be.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"She's mine. She always has been, she always will be. We've been running in opposite directions for the last ten years, and we collide at every turn. Sometimes, it's because we're looking for each other, other times it's fate."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Their love story was a long one, but it was totally worth it in the end. It kind of makes you think, they fought to be together but it seemed that time and time again life, people, themselves, and even fate would tear them apart. They were wanting from each other what everyone else around them seemed to have, happiness and love so when they finally got it, it seemed so much sweeter to me. I felt their heartache from the hurt they caused, anger from their decisions, and love. This whole series was a heartbreaking journey and one I loved embarking on. The ending was perfect for them, just fitting and real. I'm so glad it wasn't over the top or a cheesy fairytale ending. At last, they made it back to each other with all of their broken pieces and made it work. If angst and drama doesn't bother you, than I highly recommend you give this series a read.