Ruin - Rachel Van Dyken

♥♥♥ 4.5 'RUINED ME' STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

She has absolutely no idea what she does to me.... She’s my medicine, my cure, my everything. If only hearts could heal that way – through someone else’s beating.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Well, when I decided to read this book, I was NOT expecting to read what I read. I thought it would be your typical bad boy story, but it was so much more. I am SO glad I gave this a try. I don't think this review will be very long. I DON'T want to give anything away. It's one of those books that you should just read without finding out too much about it. It might ruin the whole story for you and that would be a shame, because it's a beautiful one.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I looked into his eyes and knew, this was the guy – he was the one I wanted to spend my every waking moment with. He was my forever.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Kiersten Rowe has had a terrible event happen in her past. And this event is what is keeping her from overcoming her fears. She still feels the pain of her loss and is barely living her life. She is an innocent "lamb" and a sweet girl. But that didn't mean she couldn't stand up for herself. She was quite strong too. Then she meets the boy with the bad reputation and gorgeous smile. She finds her boundaries being pushed, her protective shield lowering, and being taught life lessons. She is also falling in love.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I can tell you have a good heart..." I sighed, opening the door to the outside. "...because the minute I met you, I wanted to fight for it."

"When you want to start a war?" She laughed, clearly trying to lighten my mood.

"Nah" I sighed. "When you want to be the one to make it beat."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Weston Michels is the school's "bad wolf" football star with a big secret. Only those few really close to him know the truth. When he meets the beautiful freshman, he never thought that this girl would change him forever. I don't think I have ever SWOONED so hard for a character, I couldn't stop melting and smiling for him. I was falling in love with him right along with Kiersten, I mean it's really hard not to. He was full of wisdom that helped Kiersten. And Kiersten gave him a reason to fight his ordeal.

Even though this book was quite sad, it never became too much that it depressed you. There were a lot of funny, sweet, and happy moments. I loved how they met! Then there are the secondary characters, all of which were awesome. Her uncle was the best. Wes's dad was really great as well. Lisa was humourous and loud. And Gabe, I wish I could have him for a best friend, hell I'd want more with him. He stole a piece of my heart and I really wish his story would be told in a future book. He was Kiersten's protector and he was so freaking hilarious. I loved him!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Gabe held my face between his hands. “What you two have --it’s a once in a lifetime-- you fight for him, sweetheart. Fight for him with every last breath. No regrets, okay?”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“When I met you...somehow you healed me. From the inside out, the outside in. We conquered fears together, we learned, we laughed, and we loved. I swear, you caused my heart to soar more in the past few months than it has in my entire existence. My heart is whole because you chose to share yours with me...”

--Wes

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I cried, laughed, mothereffing swooned, learned about life, and fell in love. This book did this to me. It is one of my favorites for sure, because what an experience. I was never annoyed with the heroine, and I adored the hero. The ending was really wonderful. I mean I knew it was going to happen, but was still so happy when I read it. There were so many nuggets of wisdom that it really made you think. We always forget to appreciate the little things. I also enjoyed that little surprise we got. I was tearing up with happiness. So don't worry people, there is an HEA. Seriously, you must go and read this book NOW! I am not kidding. SO GOOD!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Sometimes when we think God has written The End, what he really means is The Beginning.”