Plan B - SJD Peterson

♥♥♥ 4.25 STARS ♥♥♥

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

"Sometimes Plan B is the real dream come true."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I could see it in his eyes. He was seeing
me. Not the dolled-up feminine façade he'd first been attracted to, but me, without makeup, and stubble on my chin. He saw me, Daniel Anderson Marshal, man.

Meet Danny Marshal...

He was a totally different character to what I am use to when reading m/m. He loves makeup, hair, accessories, and of course, his passion, which is acting in theatre. And I loved him to pieces. The story was told in his fun pov. He may look quite "feminine" on ocassion, but he is still very much a man. His biggest dream is to be a big star on broadway, which is why he doesn't mind being the centre of attention. Danny is confident, flamboyant, selfish, sarcastic, a drama queen but also such a great friend.

His carefree life is turn upside down when he meets a jock, Lance Lenard at a frat party. Lance will not stop staring at him, and after the first words that come out of his mouth are insulting, Danny hopes to never see him again. Yet, he still can't shake off the weird feeling his stare caused. Lance soon pursues him in hopes to apologize and become friends. Danny is not interested in his friendship, but soon gives in. They start hanging out with each other but the attraction becomes too strong for both of them to deny.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, because I am. I don't know if I am as brave as you are or your friends. But I'm done being miserable. I'm done missing you and wondering where you are. Driving myself crazy wondering who you're with." He brushed his lips against mine and spoke with our flesh touching. "I do know that I love you, all the rest is just details."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Then there is Lance Lenard...

the jock with the dream to make it into the NFL. He will do anything to get it. But he has a secret. He is attracted to feminine men. This information could mean the end of his career before it has even started. So he hasn't revealed it to anyone. When he crosses paths with Danny in his glitter, tight clothing, and six inch heels, it is lust at first sight. He can't stay away from him. And even though he has never tried being with a guy, Danny makes him want to try with him.

Lance was a bit hard for me to like at first because I didn't understand him. I didn't get what his intentions were with Danny, did he want to fuck him or did he want more? I wasn't sure. He was lost and hadn't come to terms with the fact that he was gay. He hid the truth behind his relationships with girls. Danny agrees to help him with experimenting with him to see what Lance feels. Soon after, they become jerk off buddies.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You panic when I get a paper cut or stub my toe."
"That's because the thought of anything marring this perfect body drives me insane."
"You mar me all the time."
"Those are love marks, which only enhance your perfection."
"You're such a big sap."
"But I'm your sap."
"Yes, you are."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

As more time passes by, the more closer they seem to get. But Danny still guards his heart, after all, he doesn't do relationships. I loved how tender they were with each other, and how much passion there was between them. The sexual tension was always high and they seemed to not be able to control themselves. It was so cute how they would snuggle with each other. Again, I had a hard time liking Lance when it seemed that he continued to want to keep Danny as his dirty little secret. I know he was afraid, and I get that he had a lot to lose, he had worked so hard to get where he was at, but I wish he would have been less of a coward at times. I mean, Lance didn't even have a Plan B if football failed, that's how determined he was to make his dream happen. Danny got that. He knew their arrangements was with no strings attatched. But soon, feelings started growing. And because they don't communicate, things start getting bad between them. They become jealous of misunderstandings and hurt each other. My heart broke for them, I just wanted them to be together.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Like stupid jocks who don't have a Plan B."
"Do you have one now?"
"Yeah, I do." Lance took our joined hands and ran them down my cheek. "I want to be as happy as my sister and Bo are... I can only do that if I have you in my life. You're my Plan B, Danny."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

There were a lot of emotions that I was feeling while reading this. I felt happy, sad, mad, and frustrated. I so badly wanted things to work out for them. There was a separation period and my heart was hurting for how much time had gone by. But it was really necessary. These two characters had so much growing up to do. They were both selfish, did things they shouldn't have, were ambitious, but under all that, they genuinely cared for each other. That is what kept me turning the page and had me not wanting to stop. They were adorable together. My only wish would have been to have a few chapters in Lance's POV. That would have made this book better. But overall, I really liked it. The ending was super cute. I really loved their HEA conclusion. I actually wish it would have continued, I loved it that much. I also want to mention that Bo was such an awesome best friend to Danny. I really liked him. It was such a great sweet and sexy emotional read.