Out Of Focus - L.A. Witt

♥♥♥ 3.5 STARS ♥♥♥

Dante James and Ryan 'Angel' Morgan have been together for twelve years. They have a photography business together and are both doms. It's been a while since they have had a submissive. They have had quite a few throughout the years with the same rules that none of them are to get emotionally attatched. One day while working at a wedding, they think they have found one. The only problem is that the guy they want is the bride's brother. Which means, the only relationship they can have, is a professional one, for now anyways.

Jordan Steele is ready to move on from his ex, even if his ex won't leave his house yet. He finds he is very much attracted to both Dante and Angel. He hires them to take promotional pictures of his stallions. The domininant sides of Dante and Angel is what lures Jordan in and calls to his submissive side. They give in to the sexual tension and it works out just fine... in the beginning. But what will they do when emotions start to get in the way?

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Holding my gaze, he said,"Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

This book started really great. I was intrigued, excited and trying to figure out how they could have a sexual relationship with two doms in the picture. Then when I realized that we were getting all of their POV's, I was so freaking happy. But then not so much anymore. Why? Well, because it became really hard to know who's POV I was reading, especially when it would change within the chapter. It was in first person, which I have never had a problem with, but in this book I did. As I continued reading, I got a bit better at figuring out who I was reading, or when it finally mentioned which characters he was looking at. But other than that, I did enjoy getting into each of their minds. It helped a lot to understand where they were coming from.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Angel's mouth against mine and Dante's lips against my neck was pure heaven.

Dante nipped my earlobe."So, would we have to twist your arm to get you to stay a while longer?"

"If you two keep kissing me like that, you'll have to twist my arm to make me leave."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

There was quite a bit of sex in this book without it being overwhelming. After all, that was what their agreement was about, a purely sexual one. Jordan needed to trust Dante and Angel, so they "played" alot. The sex was of the BDSM kind, and I don't know if this because I am a pervy weirdo, but it was a bit on the light side. I was waiting for something intense to occur and it didn't really happen, I needed more. Still, the sex was all kinds of steamy. Dante and Angel were great doms and Jordan was an enthusiastic submissive. I like the pace in which their relationship developed, making it more believable.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

But God, I loved them. All the trust and the intimacy, all those conversations. The way they could be so gentle and so rough. The way they'd never made me feel like the outsider I was. Commanding, never belittling. Dominating, never domineering. How could I
not fall in love with them?

"We're both in love with you."
"We both love you, Jordan."
"We're not going anywhere."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Despite having all of their pov's, I couldn't really connect with all of them completely, at least not until things started getting more emotional towards the end. I did however, feel Jordan's doubts at making their relationship work beyond sex. Not because they didn't get along, but because Dante and Angel had been together for twelve years, that's a lot of history for Jordan to just waltz in on. I felt like he could easily have been the third wheel, but I am happy that didn't happen. I LOVED the fact that they COMMUNICATED! It was wonderful when they could tell each other just how they were feeling.

Jordan had an ex boyfriend Eli who was still planning on moving out of his house, but hadn't gotten around to it because he was jobless. To be honest, I don't know why Eli was even in the book, he didn't really add to the story, they just made fun of him all the time. It was to the point where anytime Eli showed up, I just rolled my eyes because I knew what was coming.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Lying here with them, all I could think was that Dante was absolutely right: this was worth the risk. I couldn't predict the future, but I was content with the present and what I stood to gain if it worked out. Yes, this was right.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Overall, this book was quite an enjoyable one. Sure, it didn't have enough of the BDSM I am use to, but still plenty of sexiness. I liked reading about all three of them interacting. I also liked that each character had their own personalities that made them different from one another, but also had things that made them all connect. The ending was a good one and it left me wanting to read more about the love they had for eachother. There wasn't any angst in this book and I never got upset with any of them. It was just a good read.