Seduce (Beautiful Rose, #0.5) - Missy Johnson *ebook kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review*

♥♥♥ 4.25 Heartbreaking Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Alex would say I act the way I do because I’m scared of falling in love. If I were completely honest with myself, I would admit there was some truth to that. Love fucks you up, which is why I didn’t do relationships. Relationships lead to love and being in love opens you up to the possibility of getting hurt. Love rips your chest open and puts your heart out there to be broken. It makes you vulnerable and puts you out on display until eventually it rips through you like an emotional hurricane and destroys you. I’ve seen what love can do to people.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Wow... this book was amazing. It was full of passion, heartbreak, and a twist I didn't see coming.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I'm messed up, Belle. You deserve better than me. I'm scared of hurting you. I-I'm scared of ending up like my father.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Jack Falcon is the CEO of his father's company, which means he is wealthy and in the public eye. He is an attractive, arrogant, brutally honest, egotistical manwhore. I didn't like him at all in the beginning. He goes through women like an alcoholic goes through liquor. And he is totally fine with the way his life is going. He absolutely does NOT do relationships. Just of the sexual kind of course. He also doesn't do the same woman twice, unless they both understand it will not go anywhere more than sex. And this whole book was in his POV. It was very interesting to see every in his perspective. Even though he was an asshole, it was actually quite entertaining to read. I like the way he changes throughout the book when he meets Belle. I also liked his backstory (which was a sad one) because I got to understand why he is the way he is. It's all a facade so that no one can know how truly unhappy he really is. But when he meets Belle, he instantly knows she is different from any other woman. He is intrigued by her, especially when she treats him like he did to all the woman he slept with, a one night stand. He knows he wants and needs more of her.

With Belle, I actually
wanted more. No other woman had invoked such feelings inside me. She aroused me, she amazed me, and every day she surprised me with her strength and maturity.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Belle was confident, strong, and sweet. She knew what she wanted and went after it. She didn't go after Jack like all the other women did, he chased her. I liked Belle, even though she was a bit too forward for my taste, but still she was a good character. She just wanted great sex from him in the beginning, she wasn't shy to get it from him. From their first passionate encounter, they can't seem to get enough of one another. As time passes, the more Jack falls for her. He starts to feel thing for her he hasn't felt, ever. All he knows is that it feels good. But soon some information is revealed that could get him into a lot of trouble. Information that also threatens to end the relationship they barely just began. Jack and Belle simply can't stay away from each other. Even if their love is forbidden, they continue the relationship and their feelings grow. The thing is, Jack doesn't feel worthy of someone as good as Belle. He is insecure of himself for the first time in his life. He doesn't think he can make her happy in the long run. Belle is determined to make him see that he is a good man, and nothing like the terrible father that raised him.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I love you. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you that when it mattered, but I love you and I will always love you.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Everything goes great, so of course you know something bad will happen. Jack messes up, but what happened next completely shocked me. I had no idea whatsoever. My heart broke, and I ended up crying ugly Tobey Macguire tears. Even though Jack was such a jackass, I started to like him as the book went on. He was changing for the better, and yes he messed up, but I was willing to give him the second chance he needed. I thought he deserved to turn his life around and find the love and happiness he never got growing up. So when this twist came along, I hurt so bad for him and the tears would just not stop. It was such a great book. It felt more like a taste of all the good that there is to come from this series. If you like stories about forbidden loves, male pov's, and don't mind get hurt in the process, then I definitely recommend this book to you. Now, I can't wait to read what happens in the next installment. Thank you Missy Johnson for allowing me to read your book.