Review: Yours All Along by Roni Loren

Yours All Along (A Loving on the Edge Novella) - Roni Loren

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You were my best friend for a reason. I loved you way before we ever touched each other. And I thought that was enough, had accepted that it's all we could ever be. But then when things changed, I got a taste of how much more might be there, and I was a goddamned goner.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Hunter is going to get married very soon a woman he cares about, but doesn't love. As the date of their nuptials is quickly approaching, Hunter starts to feel trapped. When his fiancée sees his reaction, she suggests he take a trip to a spa in Dallas to relieve the stress. She also suggests that since he still has no best man, that he should look up his college best friend Devon, and see if he can do it. The last person he needed to see was Devon, but when he arrived in Dallas that seemed to be the only thing he wanted to do. Devon is no longer the purple streaked gay boy from his fraternity, he is now doing well as a restaurant owner. Devon never thought he would ever see Hunter again, and never did he think he would be asked to be part of Hunter's wedding. There is so much unresolved tension between them. This inevitably makes them think of all they went through together in college.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“We've waited long enough. I'm all yours---however you want me.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This was my first book from this author, and from this novella, it was not bad at all. For it being a short read, I was so happy that I was still able to connect with both of the characters. I really appreciated the fact that we got flashbacks of their frat days so that we could see how their friendship began, and how it turned into so much more. I loved Devon, and how he didn't care what anyone thought of him as he was openly gay. Hunter did make me more frustrated by some of his decisions. But I did understand that he must have been really confused, since he had never felt anything for any man until Devon. I very much loved the growing chemistry between them that made the steam oh, so wonderfully hot.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Hunter wouldn't let go again.
He'd found his home.
He was free.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Overall, I thought it was a really great novella. I am definitely going to be checking out more books from this author. I enjoyed this steamy little read, and I enjoyed the characters. The only thing I can say I didn't like too much, was how quickly Devon and Hunter seemed to make up in the present. I also would have liked a bit more of them in the present to see how it all worked out for them. But, I was happy for their ending. I just didn't want it to end. Definitely a good read and one I would recommend you give a try.