Review: Tyed by L.J. Shen

Tyed - L.J Shen

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"What are you doing to me, Blaire?"

"I'm not sure, but you did it first to me."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Blaire Stern has an assignment she is sure she will fail. She is stuck in an unhappy life, bartending part time, and doesn't know which way to go in life. She has a perfect supermodel twin sister that travels the world, while she is in college trying to please her parents. And now with this assignment that she has no knowledge about, she knows she is bound to fail. The topic she got is MMA, "Mixed Martial Arts". Blaire is to write a report on this subject but doesn't even have a clue what it means. Thanks to her best friend Shane, he points her the gym she can go to do interview a few people.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I see you. I see what you don't see about yourself."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This is where Blaire meets Ty "The Zombie" Wilder, the star MMA fighter. All she went in for was to get an interview, but he wanted more, he wanted a date. Blaire hoped her heart wouldn't get involved with how strong their attraction is. Blaire quickly learns of his manwhore ways, and wanted to steer clear of him. But Ty didn't make it easy for her, especially when he seemed to be everywhere. Her Brain and her Hormones are at odds with what she should do. How could she possibly resist the sexy man of hotness? She couldn't, so she finally gave in.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'I kissed him and survived. I kissed him and it was delicious. I kissed him and found out that despite his reputation, and the fears I failed to keep at bay, he was just a boy, kissing a girl, hoping she'd like it.---and him---after all.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This was a great debut read by L.J. Shen. I instantly liked Blaire, especially her inner monologue that had me chuckling quite a few times at her silly banter. I also really liked Ty, like a lot. He was super hawt and had a good amount of alpha to him. Did I mention that he has tattoos?? Well, he does *melts*. I was very intrigued by him, so on more than one occasion I desperately wanted his P.O.V. We didn't get it unfortunately, since this was told completely in Blaire's P.O.V. There was just something about him that was mysterious, and then when we find out he was hiding a secret, I am going crazy with curiousity. In the last part of the book, I was quite upset with how Blaire handled the situation about the secret. I thought she would have reacted differently. I was happy with how things ended for them, though. Overall, I enjoyed the writing style, and the story. It wasn't bad for a debut. I would have liked an epilogue and a bit more steam, but still it was really good. Can't wait to see what else this author releases.

~ARC kindly gifted in exchange for an honest review.~