Review: Misfits by Garrett Leigh

Misfits - Garrett Leigh

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'One does not refuse love. It was there, before we ever knew it...'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Tom Fearnes and Cass Pearson have been partners for nine years. They have a very unconventional relationship that most may not understand. They are open to sleeping around with other people but their hearts will always remain to each other. Things change a bit when Tom goes out one night to eat out. That is when he meets Jake, his waiter who is also very attractive. Tom finds himself drawn to him by something and it's not the tics Jake's Tourette causes, it's his personality. Tom wants to get to know him better.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Cass had always believed Tom to be his one great love, but he loved Jake too, just as much, and somehow it all seemed to work.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Jake is quite the lonely man and because of Jake's tics, he has a lot of trouble staying employed. He loves the way Tom makes him feel so he goes home with him to spend the night together. Unfortunately, when he wakes up it's to Cass standing in the room and Tom gone. Jake is furious when he thinks Tom cheated on his boyfriend with him, so he leaves in a hurry. Not knowing that Cass is intrigued by him just as much as Tom is.

Tom is unable to get Jake out of his mind and Cass notices. He wants to go see Jake again but never goes back to the restaurant. They eventually cross paths again and this is where Tom finally explains his relationship with Cass to Jake. Cass wants to meet Jake formally but Jake is a bit hesitant. But Cass wants to reassure Jake that he is okay with Tom and him being together. And not just in a purely sexual way because Tom feels more for Jake than just that. That is where the beautiful love story between these three begins.

What a story! I honestly wasn't expecting such a wonderful and heartfelt story, considering most ménage books are mostly only based on the sex, but this was not the case. I loved Jake, he was so endearingly sweet and he had this innocence about him. But he was also very strong and he voiced his opinions loudly when he needed to. Tom was the foundation in this relationship, strong and supporting of both Cass and Jake. I really loved how kind he was. Cass was a bit broken by his past. He seemed to get somber quite a bit, but he was so loving. He was the one I wanted to know more about because he was a bit of an enigma. When I first started the book I got hooked on the dynamic between the three. I was lured in by the connection Tom and Jake had, which I just loved reading about. Once Cass was involved more in the relationship, I couldn't get enough of seeing him interact with Jake. The more time Cass and Jake spent together the more we get to see how they fall in love with each other.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Cass held out his hand, pulled Jake close, and tucked him into the warmth of Tom’s chest, the chest that was made for both of them. They were at the beginning of an uncertain journey, but right here, right now, he had everything he’d ever wanted.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I liked that the story was told in all three of their POV's, but it wasn't alternating, it was told in large parts by each character. The connection and overall relationship between the three was a very beautiful one. My heart melted at how much these three men took care and supported each other. All three characters had a piece of my heart, and together they were just perfect. Their relationship took a while to work out because of the doubts they had going on but, I absolutely loved how close all three of them finally became. It was a wonderful story and one I would definitely say you should check out. The only thing I can say is I wished Cass's POV would have been a bit longer. But overall, a really great read.