Review: The Mistake by Elle Kennedy

The Mistake (Off-Campus Book 2) - Elle Kennedy

♥♥♥ 4.5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"The idea of Grace with another guy is unacceptable. I won't go as far as to say she's mine, but...well, she's mine. Mine to hold and mine to kiss and mine to laugh with. Yup, mine."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If you haven't heard of a book called The Deal by this same author, then you definitely need to go and check it out. I read this book a few months ago and fell in love with characters and story. It was amazeballs and I totally recommend it. Once I heard Logan would be getting his own book. I could not wait to dive right into this one. And, it did not disappoint.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I've known Logan a long time." Lukov winks at the camera. "And by a long time, I mean five whole minutes, but what is time, really? From what I can tell, he's a good guy. Easy on the eyes. Rumor has it he's a total bruiser on the ice. That's all I really need to know to give him my endorsement. So go out with him, sweetheart. My name is Shane Lukov and I approve this message."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

John Logan, Garrett's cocky best friend, can't seem to get rid of his pesky crush on Garret's girlfriend Hannah. He doesn't want to lose his friendship, so he decides to go out and screw Hannah out of his mind. It isn't hard for him to find a willing woman, since the guy oozes charm. But then an address mix up to a party lands him to Grace's door, a college freshman. Logan starts talking to Grace after finding out they share a mutual like of action movies, something he hasn't done with any girl in a while. Graces proves to be the perfect distraction, or at least she seems to be. He is unsure about his feelings for both Grace and Hannah. Unfortunately, things go down that cause Grace to push him away. Logan is determined to not let Grace go.

I can't believe Elle Kennedy did it again. I applaud you. This was a great second book in the series! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared of maybe being disappointed with this one, which can happen with the second book of a series, but that was SO not the case here. This book was full of steam and humour. I LOVED Logan! How could I not? He was funny and very easy going, not to mention really hot! I even really liked Grace. She was a freshman and a virgin, and very sweet. She doesn't really fit in with anyone, and definitely has her quirks which were very humourous. I totally liked her personality. She was adorable and perfect for Logan.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're the last person I think about before I go to sleep, and the first person I think about when I open my eyes in the morning. You're it for me, baby."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I loved this book! It was a great second installment. I loved seeing Garrett and Hannah in this book, as well as some new characters make an appearance. I had some great laughs with this one, and the steam was super-hot for an NA book. I loved seeing another part of Logan that we didn't get to see from the first book. There was more to him than what meets the eye. He has to deal with an alcoholic father and that was something that was hurtful for me to read. I was so glad he met Grace and had her support through some of those tough moments. Overall, I was very happy with Logan's book and seriously can't wait for Tucker and Dean to get their own book...hopefully. If you read and loved The Deal as much as I did, than you must give The Mistake a read as well. I highly recommend this one.

~ARC gifted to Kris & Vik Book Therapy Cafe in exchange for an honest review.~