REVIEW: Fisher's Light by Tara Sivec

Fisher's Light - Tara Sivec

♥♥♥ 3.75 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I’m going to remind her why we’re perfect for each other. I’m going to show her that there’s no one else on this earth who can love her like I can.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

That blurb, I am a total sucker for a second chance at love story. So, of course I had to read this one right away.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"There's a light that guides all of us to where we're meant to be. You're meant to be with me, Lucy. Please...be with me."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

As soon as I read the first page, I knew this one was going to hurt me...bad. And it totally did. Fisher and Lucy have known each other since they were kids and become high school sweethearts. Fisher comes from a wealthy family, the family that founded Fisher's Island. Lucy and Fisher eventually get married, and Fisher joins the Marines. But each time Fisher returns, he comes back a bit more internally scarred. On his final tour, where he received some damage to his shoulder, his PTSD has become very severe. And his marriage of 14 years, comes to an end in the most heart shattering way.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I will ALWAYS fucking fight for you, Lucy. I'm sorry I went away but I DID find my way back to you and I'm never fucking leaving again. It's always been you. It will ALWAYS, only be you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Lucy tried so hard to help Fisher with his PTSD, because it seemed that she was the only one who could calm him. Eventually Fisher pushes her away, and it hurt so much each time that he did. This story goes from past to present, alternating in each chapter. I really liked that about this, because it gave me a chance to see how their romance began and grew. I really like Lucy and I loved her unconditional support towards her husband. I truly felt for her and how her marriage with Fisher ended that it made me tear up so bad. Fisher I really liked when he wasn't being a complete jerk thanks to his PTSD. I was happy that he didn't give up and that he tried so hard to show Lucy that he still loved her. I totally loved when his Alpha male came out, as well.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"The thing I've NEVER been more clear about is how much I love you, how much I need you, and how I don't ever want to be anywhere else but right here with you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The story was sweet and very emotional. There were a few parts that for me were a tad slow. And, there were also times that I felt were a bit too dramatic. Once their story of the past ended, and the remaining last part of the book took place in the present, I thought things would come together a bit better. It did take a while, and I got frustrated with Lucy and Fisher's stubbornness and miscommunications. But other than that, I really liked and enjoyed the story. I loved the smoking hot scenes and liked some of the secondary characters. Overall, it was a good romantic second chance at love story.