REVIEW: Red Dirt Heart 3 by N.R. Walker

Red Dirt Heart 3 - N.R. Walker

♥♥♥ 5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"It’s a year today since I walked into my kitchen and you stood up, all blue eyes and disarming smiles..."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book, oh, how this book stole my heart. I seriously love this series, and if I didn't before, this book sure cemented that.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Sitting right next to me, holding my hand, with the bluest of blue eyes, was the only person on the planet who really knew me. He knew my every secret, my every mood, dream and need, he’d seen the worst side of me, and yet he still sat beside me.“

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

After Charlie came out to all the farmers in the community, Charlie was expecting a lot of backlash. However, that wasn't the case. Sure, there were a few who looked down on him because of his sexual orientation, but for the most part, the majority of the farmers respected him for the simple fact that he was a farmer just like them. Charlie gets good news when it seems they could have steady income from a potential cattle buyer, and he could possibly be elected in the board elections. So, business wise, things are going good for Charlie, but the other parts in his life, not so much.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Each and every day with him was a gift.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Unfortunately, a lot things happen in Charlie's personal life that made my heart hurt for him. Ma isn't feeling too well and tires quickly, and Travis has family matters to attend to in Texas, so he leaves Australia. I was really sad by the fact that there was still a small part of Charlie that still believed he may be undeserving of love, or that Travis could just leave him at any moment. It seriously broke my heart, and that is what I loved about this book. I could actually feel everything Charlie was going through, more so than I ever had in the previous two books. I found myself actually falling for Charlie in this book, as well. The cuteness overload I experienced when Charlie was feeding Nugget, the baby wombat, had my heart near bursting. It was just so adorable that I couldn't help but smile.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Promise me forever, Charlie. Tell me we're in this forever."

My heart near burst out of my chest. "Forever."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I can't say enough how much I loved this book. It was full of surprises both good and bad, and quite emotional as well. Travis and Charlie are definitely one of my top favourite m/m couples ever. They are just so perfect for each other. I loved the story-line in this one. I also really loved the secondary characters. I loved seeing how far Charlie has grown since book one. He was still a bit insecure but he finally found a voice and felt comfortable in his own skin. I loved Travis and still very much do because of his sweetness. That ending was amazing and beautiful. Just LOVED it! I can't wait to see what the next and final part have in store for them all. I highly recommend you give this series a try.