Review: The Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway

The Hooker and the Hermit - Penny Reid, Luci Cosway

♥♥♥ 4.5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You are singular to me, exceptional. You’re brilliant and adorable and so fucking real.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Annie is very savvy when it comes to all things social media. She has a blog that pokes fun at celebs while promoting different charities, and it has so far been very successful. Her blog is called New York's Finest and her alias is Socialmedialite. Here Annie is free and isn't afraid to be herself, here she has her online friends. In reality, Annie is a bit of a homebody, very good at her job and has no real friends. But this all changes when a rugby player she made fun of in her blog, bursts into her life.

Ronan is a well-known Irish rugby player. He has recently been suspended for fighting with a teammate and now has to stay low key. Ronan is is tired of all the nonsense that is being said about him and his life, and isn't impressed with what the Socialmedialite had to say either. He goes to Davidson & Croft Media in New York to have his image changed for the better. Here is where he meets Annie, a taciturn woman who seems to have a love for éclairs. She isn't his usual type, but he can't seem to stay away from her. It soon looks like he might not have to, because she just became his new 'fake' girlfriend.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I feel like I could lose myself and find myself in you, Annie.”
“Don’t say things like that.”
“I can’t help it. Believe me, I’ve tried. You make me feel everything.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book was so freaking good. I fell completely in love with the chemistry and banter between Annie and Ronan, it was quite hilarious! I totally liked Annie, even if she kept people from getting close. You get to understand why she is like that, so it was very entertaining to see someone as outgoing as Ronan help her come out of her shell. Ronan was smoking hot, and I mean HAWT! Oh, and kinky! That is right, he was amazeballs. The dirty mouth on this man, I absolutely adored.

The more time they spend together, the more closer they become. No matter how much Annie tried not to feel anything for Ronan, she could't help it. They both see the real person in each other, and like what they see. I loved how Ronan challenged Annie, and how persistent he was in breaking down her walls. Annie challenged Ronan as well, and made him see that he is worth something.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I don’t always want you tied up. I want you free. I want you wild. I want you brave. I want you anyway I can get you. I want you now, and I want you for the rest of my life.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The story was very sweet but definitely not a fluffy read. There was a bit of drama and some emotional and angsty parts in the book too. I really enjoyed the awesome supporting characters in this book, that added a bit of their own humour as well. I enjoyed the way Ronan and Annie's relationship developed, it wasn't at all rushed. It was fun romantic read, that was written very well. I would certainly recommend everyone give this one a try.