Review: The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan

The Hook Up (Game On Book 1) - Kristen Callihan

♥♥♥ 4.5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Why won't you let me kiss you, Anna? Why, Anna?"

"It's too much," I rasp.

"Not when I want everything." He says it so deep and strong, a staking of a claim. "And I want everything with you, Anna.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This was another New Adult winner for me. I really enjoyed this a lot!

Drew "Battle Baylor" is the star quarterback of his team. With the title, comes the unavoidable fame and attention. As a result, woman fawn over him. A life changing meeting with Anna, has him wanting for the first time ever to pursue someone to have something serious. Unfortunately, Anna doesn't have serious on her mind. She wants him to be a hook up and nothing more. Drew has other plans, and won't give up until he makes Anna his.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I think you’re beautiful,” he says softly.

“Beauty fades,” I choke out.

“Not when it comes from inside.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Oh, Drew...he was super swoony! I really loved him. For a guy that had everything and everyone at his disposal, he was quite down to earth. Sure, at times he could be a bit arrogant but in a very sexy way. I loved the relationship he shared with his teammates. What I loved the most was seeing him try to sway Anna into being in a relationship with him the was more than just sex. He could be so sweet and so caring. He was also very hot, sexy, and alpha.

Anna, I kind of liked at first. She has gone through some things that make her quite insecure about why on earth a guy like Drew could want her. This insecurity is what caused me to not like her so much. She was just so stubborn and it frustrated me that she kept trying to keep Drew as arm's length emotionally. Then at the end, I liked her again because I liked that she finally did something good. She challenged and cared Drew when he needed it the most. It was so beautiful watching these too interact, especially during those sweet moments that melted my heart.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Anna, baby, you would never be the girl I didn't see, whether we had met now or in high school." He pulls me in close, rubbing his nose along the tip of mine. "Don't you understand? I know you wouldn't be because, since the moment I laid eyes on you, you're all I can see.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The story overall, was very good, and romantic. There wasn't any over the top drama that dragged things out. There was some angst in this book but it was a good amount. It wasn't all the color of roses as there were some intense moments between the main characters that tugged at my heart strings. I couldn't put this book down because I loved all of those emotional scenes. I really did like this book, and it's definitely one I would recommend you give a read. Especially to those who love the New Adult genre. I can't wait to see what is next in the series.