REVIEW: Saving Jay by E.M. Abel

Saving Jay (Breaking Free Book 3) - E.M. Abel

♥♥♥ 4.25 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Love is fearless. It has to be."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If you have read Freeing Asia, than you are more than familiar with Jay. I really liked Jay in the first book of this series. He wasn't perfect and that is why I so desperately wanted to know more about him. That is why I was so excited to dive into this book.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'The real me was lost somewhere inside the chaos of heartbreak and survival, but I was determined to find her again.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Jade is a very talented tattoo artist, who has garnered quite the amount of recognition after being in a reality tv show while she worked at the tattoo shop that she had interned at in Boston. She was ready for a change and was ready to open up a tattoo shop of her own. She is very sure in what she does as an artist, but not so much when it comes to relationships. Especially after her last one ended because of her ex cheating on her. As a result, she has become a bit insecure of herself.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Love was the one thing I'd always wanted most and never seemed to get right.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Jay on the other hand, is a wealthy business man, who is looking to find love. After losing Asia, he fears that he will never find that special someone with whom he can share a strong connection to, and open up completely to. It's been a struggle for him to find his happiness, especially with a father who seems to disapprove of every decision he makes. Things change for him when he walks into Jade's shop looking to get a new tattoo.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'She helped carry the weight of my heart until it was light enough for me to hold on my own. It was her love that saved me.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I am sad to see this series come to a close, but at the same time I happy it ended with Jay. HOLY MOLY was he HAWT!! He had my interest since the first book, but damn...did I LOVE his dominant side. Yowza! Anyway, I have got to say that I really liked these two characters. I loved the realism to all of E.M.'s characters because it makes them that more relatable. Even though there were parts in the book that became a tad slow, I did like the pace in which Jay and Jade's relationship developed and very much enjoyed their chemistry. I liked how comfortable these two were with each other and all their silly banter. I wasn't sure how their demons would come to play into the story, but I was really glad that it didn't end up being over the top or dramatic. There were some emotional moments that had me tearing up for them, but there were also many that made me smile. I really enjoyed this book. And it's perfect for anyone looking for an angst and drama free, sweet read.

~ARC generously provided by the author, E.M. Abel~