Review: Burned by Karen Marie Moning

Burned - Karen Marie Moning

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

I really enjoyed this one. Due to all the bad reviews that came out that complained about the book, I thought Burned was not going to be great. In fact, I was expecting the worse, but I'm glad that this book totally worked for me.

I am so happy to see that Mac and Barrons are once again part of the story. I had really missed them in the book Iced. I didn't know how the whole multiple POV would work out for me, but I actually really liked having that.

The book did start off a bit slow. It seemed like not much really happened in the beginning, but, the more I read the more interesting the story became. I think Karen did a pretty good job with this book despite her changing the story line after the last book.

I did, however, wish there was more of a sexual tension between Mac and Barrons like in Shadowfever. I didn't really feel that in this one. Also, I wanted more Dancer because I really liked him. I loved Ryodan in the last book and I'm happy to say I still do. It was great getting to know another side of Ryodan in this one. And, Lor, I still love him, too, and I can't wait to see what happens next with him.

The last 15% was probably the best part of the book. I loved all the badassery that goes on. There were a couple of twists that happened in this book that shocked me, but that ending...I don't even know what to say. Overall, it wasn't a perfect book, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless. Now with that cliffhanger ending, I am so curious how Dani's, and everyone else's, story line will unfold.