Review: Falling Away by Penelope Douglas

Falling Away: The Fall Away Series - Penelope Douglas

♥♥♥ 4.25 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'I had everything except K. C. Carter, the one thing I wanted.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

K.C. has made some bad decisions. As a result, she is back in her hometown to do her court ordered community service. Things should be easy, that is until she realizes that Jax still lives in town, and that things have changed a lot since she had left. Jax is Jared's younger brother, and a manwhore who can get any woman he wants. The only one Jax has truly desired is K.C., and she the only one he can never have. This time he isn't going to give up until he has her.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I feel like I'm falling. But it feels so good."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If you have read the previous books than you know who K.C. is. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't to sure how I was going to feel about her since I didn't really like her from the impression she gave in past books. But, once I got to know K.C. and all the stuff she went through, I understood her a whole lot better. She was broken by her upbringing, which is why she was constantly looking for approval and affection, no matter the consequences. Jax was a character that I really liked, that sort of changed for me in the previous book Rival. In this one, he got on my nerves so many times because of his a-holeness. But, a part of me also really loved how bold and sexy he was. He was a total alpha which I loved, despite him being a jerk. Then we get some insight on his childhood and my heart cried for him. He was also broken by his upbringing, which made him grow up feeling unworthy of love.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Only. Ever. You. Jaxon Trent.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I really loved this one more than the previous book. I don't why, but it really had all I like in a book. The sexual tension was amazeballs and the sex scenes were scorching. The writing was done very well and the story flowed nicely. I enjoyed the love/hate banter between them that made the tension even more intense. I liked the drama and the angst, even if near the end it was a tad bit over the top. I loved learning more about the characters and getting a better understanding of them. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I really liked K.C. once I got to know her better, as well as Jax. The ending was perfect for them, I was very happy with it. I can not wait for the next book and catch up with Jared and Tate.

~ARC gifted to Kris & Vik Book Therapy Cafe in exchange for an honest review.~