Review: Debt Inheritance by Pepper Winters

Debt Inheritance (Indebted) (Volume 1) - Pepper Winters

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'There was a debt to be paid. And I was the method of extraction. Plain and simple. I’m a Hawk. She’s a Weaver. That was all I needed to know.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Wow...all I can freaking say is...WOW! I took me a while to collect my thoughts about this one. It was just so twisted and dark, and it had me completely enthralled. After much consideration, I know that I did like this one. Sure, there were parts I raised my eyebrow at, but for the most part it was really good in weird way.

'I inherited her.
I preyed on her.
I owned her life and had the piece of paper to prove it.
Nila Weaver.
Mine.
And my task………devour her.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The book begins with Nila, a fashion designer that suffers from vertigo, showing off her first collection at a show. She is shown sharing some dirty text with Kite007. I didn't know what to make out of her. She's been sheltered, and both her Father and Brother always keep an eye on her, meaning she has no dating life. Yet, here she is texting a man that texted her by mistake one day. Those texts were definitely really interesting. Nila is ready to kind of become her own person. She loves her family but would like them to be a bit less overbearing. But it turns out that everything she had thought about her family was a big lie.

Jethro Hawk comes from a very important family. They have connections to people in high places. He is wealthy, arrogant, confident, and cold. The time has come for him to finally receive his family inheritance. But it isn't like anything you can imagine. He is inheriting a woman, that woman is Nila and she has to pay his family her family's debt.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Turned out, I was never an individual; I was a possession to trade.
I was never unique; someone had lived my life many times before, never free, never whole.
My life was never mine.
My destiny was already written.
My story began the night he came for me.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This story is so messed up in so many ways. I honestly don't know how that whole inheritance thing can still be legal after so many freaking years. It just does not seem possible. I really loved the twisted story even if it was all messed up. But, there were times Nila did become a tad bit annoying. I just feel like she could have made better decisions. Jethro on the other hand, scared the living crap out of me, in fact, his whole family does. There is this whole scene that made skin just craw so bad. I know this is totally wrong to say, but, I am waiting to see how evil Jethro can be, not that he wasn't pretty bad already. But, because so far he had been pretty patient with Nila despite all his warning of punishments. So, I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. Right now, I don't like Jethro, because all of the things he let happen, so, I also can't wait and see how this story develops and if he will be able to redeem himself. Overall, it was a really great start to this twisted tale.