Review: The Pact by Karina Halle

The Pact - Karina Halle

♥♥♥ 3 STARS ♥♥♥

I'm not to sure what to say about this book. It was a friends to lover story, which I am a huge sucker for. However, I cannot honestly say that I loved this book. I did like it, and I did enjoy some parts of it. I loved the smoking hot steam. And, I liked the whole idea about the pact that two twenty something best friends make about them getting married when they both turn thirty, if they both still find themselves single. But, something was missing for me. That something is what didn't allow me to love this. I think I needed a stronger connection between the main characters, because at times it seemed like they weren't that close of friends. And then when they finally reach age thirty, I didn't think the way things went was the way it was going to go. They both handled things very immaturely which kind of annoyed me. And because of that, I could not fall in love with the hero. It wasn't a terrible book, but it wasn't amazing either. Overall, it was just a good read. I don't have much else to say about it. I would make a more in depth review, however, I am feeling kind of lazy today. New Year's was a very long night for me. So, I will just leave it at that. A lot of my friends here on Goodreads really loved it so who knows, you may too. It might be a case of "it's me, not you" kind of thing. So go ahead and give it a try for yourself.