Review: Easy Virtue by Mia Asher

Easy Virtue - Mia Asher, Jennifer Roberts-Hall

♥♥♥ 3.75 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I'm a gold digger, but I'm also smart. Love fades...or it's selfish...or unkind...but a diamond, a diamond will last forever.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Well...I'm not sure what exactly I expected to get from this book. I mean, I knew from the blurb that this one would definitely be an interesting one, and it totally was. But I didn't think I would be able to enjoy a book as much as I did while hating the heroine the whole time.

Blaire has been shaped into the woman she now is by the many events in her past. She doesn't want to give anyone the power to be able to hurt again, so she has built a fortress around herself while using those around her for her benefit. She is a gold digger who uses her looks to get what she wants, all while not letting her emotions get in the way. While I did feel for her upbringing, I didn't like how she cruel she could be at times. I don't think it excused it, which is why I spent a lot of time disliking her. I am hoping Blaire will be able to redeem herself in the next book. I want her to grow, and learn to respect herself. And hopefully, she will be able to accept love from others and from herself.

Ronan, the man with the warm brown eyes, how he stole my heart. He was kind, sweet, and down to earth. I liked him a freaking lot. He comes into Blaire's life and gives her a new perspective. He is nothing like rich men she dates. He shows her that what she thought was unattainable may be within reach, and all without those frivolous riches. I loved seeing Blaire come out of her shell whenever she was with Ronan. They really were perfect together. Blaire doesn't see it that way, though. She is scared by the feelings that Ronan evokes from her.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“When I look at you, I see something I really want. Something I need.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Lawrence is a mysterious, wealthy, attractive older man. He is a gold digger's dream come true. To me personally, Lawrence was alright, I didn't love him like I did Ronan. I actually think he isn't right for Blaire. He wouldn't help her help herself, he would enable her to continue down the same road she has been going on. He hires Blaire to be his for however long he pays her, and for however much Blaire demands of him. Lawrence was more wild and intense. But there is also something about Lawrence that seems to appear like he might genuinely care about her. He wasn't in this book for too long, so I can't wait to see how things continue with him in the next book.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I’m a survivor with my own set of rules. And not even your kindness will make me break them.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Overall, it was a good and interesting story. It was different from anything I have read and it did intrigue me a lot while I was reading. The writing was wonderfully done. It was one of those books that you just can't put down. The only thing I had trouble with was the way the heroine Blaire behaved and sometimes hurt people. There were many times that she frustrated the crap out of me. I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that my view of her will change in the next book. That cliffhanger just drove me nuts. How am I expected to wait?? I seriously want the next book now because I need to know what happens next.