Review: Soul Enslaved by Keri Lake

Soul Enslaved - Keri Lake

♥♥♥ 5 Excellent Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Love, itself, is a beast that can make a man crazy with lust and insane with jealousy. I know. I felt it once. And I swore I'd never put myself through it again.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

It took me awhile to read this, not because I had difficulty with it, but because real life kept getting in the way. I had to put this down many times, even though I really didn't want to. I was hooked to the characters and the story. I swear this series just keeps getting better and better. I absolutely loved this one!

It seemed like I had been waiting for Gavin's story for a long time, but it was worth the wait because this one was just so, SO good. Sabelle is single mother of two children, and also a soul sucking succubus. She is constantly harassed by her pimp and she can't take it any longer. She needs to do whatever she can to make sure the lives of her children and her sister Denya aren't in danger. She decides to enslave Gavin in order for him to help her and her family finally become free.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You are an eternal part of me. No matter what forces try to steal you from me, I will call upon the very blackest parts of my soul to ensure that you remain safely at my side.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If you have read the previous books in this series, then you are well aware of who Gavin is. Gavin is the oldest of the Wrath Brothers and next in line to rule the underworld. After he was framed for doing a horrible act that he never committed, he finds himself locked in Obsidian, the underworld prison where he is constantly tortured. He is let out when Sabelle enslaves him. As much as he wants nothing to do with the succubus, the strength of his attraction for her becomes too hard to resist.

I really loved both of these characters. Sabelle was feisty and very protective of her loved ones. She didn't back down and could give as much as she got. She was really amazing, as you come to expect from the heroines of a Keri Lake book. She was quite stubborn but I loved seeing her and Gavin play a tug of war because of it. Gavin was über sexy, and a very alpha Demon. I loved him so freaking much. He was also fierce in the protection of those he cared for. Both Sabelle and Gavin would sacrifice themselves in order to make sure the people they loved wouldn't suffer any pain. Together these two were explosively off the charts hot. The steam in this book did not disappoint me in the least. They weren't just scorching together, they also had many sweet and emotional moments.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Love always prevails, in the end. Always.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I think this book had a perfect balance of a steam, action, and suspense. I liked that the main story line was still very much present in this book and without overbearing the romantic story line. Things have definitely gotten a whole lot more interesting. Keri Lake is truly an excellent storyteller. I kid you not when I say these books just keep getting better. I loved every moment of all those twists and turns this book took. I am super excited about what will happen next. I really hope it will be Zayne's book, but I am also looking forward to reading Ferno's book. I can't decide, but whatever comes next, I can't freaking wait!! If you have yet to read this PNR series, I would definitely recommend you go start it now. You will be hooked by the steam and the badassness of it all. Seriously, you wont' regret it.

~ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.~