Review: The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon

The Law of Moses - Amy Harmon

♥♥♥ 4.25 Emotionally Haunting Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“There are laws. There are rules. And when you break them, there are consequences. Laws of nature and laws of life. Laws of love and laws of death.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Wow...I'm don't know how to start this review. This book was unique and amazing. I very much enjoyed it.

I really don't want to give much of the story away. It's one of those books that is best that you read with not knowing too much about what happens after it begins. The story was about Moses and Georgia. Moses was a crack baby that was abandoned at a laundromat. He then made it to his grandmother who ended up raising him. This is where Moses and Georgia meet, when they were little kids. They don't really have a relationship with each other, they just know about each other and see each other in passing. But Georgia was intrigued by him from the start. She wanted to be his friend, however, Moses liked to keep himself isolated.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“If you don’t love, then nobody gets hurt. It’s easy to leave. It’s easy to lose. It’s easy to let go.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The story and characters were so original. After that prologue I knew I would be in for a world of hurt, and boy did it hurt. It did take me a bit to get into, but that was just because I was frustrated with how rude Moses could be towards Georgia. I just didn't like that after she would try to be nice to him, he would keep pushing her away. I loved Georgia's perseverance and was rooting for her to be able to break down his walls. I loved Georgia's strength and her ability to train horses. I loved Moses' artistic and other worldly abilities. It was so very hauntingly beautiful. The story was definitely an emotional one, but it did also contain a few heartwarming scenes.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I hope you can forgive me. Because this is happening. Me and Georgia. This is happening.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

As the prologue forewarned, this was a heartbreaking tale. It did break me down into tears while reading it, but it was so beautiful as well. The writing was done so brilliantly. I loved the paranormal element that was added to this story, as well as that bit of suspense. I am glad to say that this story was able to surprise and shock me, just when I thought I had everything figured out. The last half of the book was probably the best for me, just because so much happens that it hooked me. However, I would have liked to see a bit more of Georgia and Moses falling in love and how it developed and to have known more about how they were feeling. I guess, I just needed more romance and steam. But other than that, I really enjoyed this book. I loved many of the secondary characters. The ending was absolutely stunning. It was a wonderful story and one you ought to experience for yourself. Just go read it.

And here are my 5 greats: