Review: Sugar Rush by Belle Aurora

Sugar Rush (Friend-Zoned Book 3) - Belle Aurora, Hot Tree Editing, Cover It Designs

♥♥♥ 3.75 'Cupcake' STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Why don't you ever flirt with me? You never did, right from the beginning."

"Because I think you deserve better than that. A woman like you deserves real words, not pretty words that don't mean nothin'."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

What a cute, funny, sweet, and sexy story. It was wonderfully entertaining. It seemed like I had been waiting to get Max's story for freaking ever. I have loved Max since he was introduced in the previous two books of this series. So, I could not wait to begin this book.

Helena is Natalie's younger sister who has just moved to New York because a new job. She is super excited about the move but not so happy that she will be seeing Max again. You see, there was a time when Helena was very glad to see him. In fact, she was drawn in by his charming and flirty personality. When she decides to make a move on him at a wedding, he totally ignores her and says her name wrong. Hurt and embarrassed, she promises to forget about him. But now, Max only has eyes for her. He doesn't understand why she doesn't like him, but he isn't giving up until he turns that around.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're my cupcake. You're my sugar rush."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Helena was freaking funny. She was quite immature the majority of time, loud and dirty mouthed, and lots of fun. For the most part, I really liked her. Sure, there were a few moments that she did frustrate me a little, but she was just so sweet. I loved how she cared, protected, and treated Ceecee. It was quite beautiful to read that. I loved her boisterous spirit that was much like Natalie’s. I thought she was just great for Max.

Max, oh, how I love this sexy man. He was such a wonderful father to Ceecee. I hurt when he hurt, I smiled when he smiled. I was so happy that I was able to connect with him. He made me swoon and melt by just being his sweet and flirty self. The only thing I can say I wished he would have done was take charge more. I wanted him to be a little bit more alpha in his pursuit of Helena. But other than that, I loved the man.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“When are you gonna understand, woman? I’m never letting you go.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This was a light funny story with a few emotional parts. I was very happy having the characters in the previous books in this one too. It was great seeing how they were all doing. Not to mention they also added a lot to the humour. The only thing I didn’t really care for was the fact that Helena and Max’s romantic story line didn’t seem to really start until over half of the book. There were more parts of Helena trying to resist him in this book than they were together. The first 45% or so, seemed to drag on because of it. The dirty side of me was waiting for them to finally get it on already. But, when they finally did become a couple, it was super steamy, so, it did kind of redeem itself there. The ending was super sweet. I loved it and I think it was perfect for them. Overall, I think this was a great, light and funny read. I cannot wait to read the next book in this series.