Review: Brandon Mills versus the V-Card by Lisa Henry & J.A. Rock

Brandon Mills versus the V-Card - Lisa Henry, J.A. Rock

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You are the best thing in my life right now."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Aww....I loved Brandon and Alex together. They were so stinking cute and sweet. * sigh*

If you have read the previous book in this series, then you are familiar with who Brandon Mills is. You also know what happens to him in the first book that causes Mark to kind of take him under his wing. In this book, Brandon still has some things he needs to move from. Some events that happened in his youth that makes him quite the skittish and awkward introvert. But that is also what made quite endearing to me. There was a particular situation in the book that made me feel for Brandon. I liked how it was handled in the book. It never became over the top in drama.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Sorry. I don't--maybe I'm no saying this right. But you mean so much to me, and I want you to be okay. That's all. I want you to be okay."

"I am. You make it...a lot easier to be okay."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Then we have Alex, who is wanting to pledge into Brandon's frat house. Which is also the frat house of Deacon, Mark's boyfriend. He is an adorable, dinosaur loving, hipster. From the moment he meets Brandon, Alex falls for him and can't help but follow Brandon around. Brandon is a virgin and has never even been in a relationship. He doesn't know how to deal with Alex's interest. So he gets the wanted and sometimes unwanted advice of Mark and Deacon. This makes for many hilarious awkward moments throughout the book. Like how they played with Dinosaur toys made me smile so big.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Splayed on the bed like this, gasping softly at Brandon's touch, Alex didn't look like a klutzy hipster-nerd. He looked...Beautiful.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book had some seriously hilarious moments just like in the first book. I could not stop laughing at Mark's antics and at all the awkwardness. It was too funny. I was really happy to have Mark and Deacon in this book. I loved them and book one, so it was nice to see them in this one too. I will say though, even though I loved them so much, I did kind of want more Brandon and Alex alone time. The moments that we did get of Brandon and Alex, were awesome. I loved how innocent, sweet and shy they were with each other. I loved seeing them explore their feelings for each other. I also have to say that I LOVE Blake. I want a book for him!! Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this cute and sweet story.