Review: Insidious by Aleatha Romig

Insidious - Aleatha Romig

♥♥♥ 4.5 STARS ♥♥♥

in·sid·i·ous
1. working in a subtle or apparently innocuous way, but nevertheless deadly.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'The acting wasn't new. I've been doing it my whole life. Only now, the truth...was too painful to reveal, too upsetting for those around me. They didn't want to see who I truly was...what I truly was. They didn't want to know that I'm a killer.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

It's been...what?...almost two days since I read this book, and I am no closer to knowing how to review this book than I was when I had just finished it. I also really don't want to give much of the story away because finding out while you are reading it is better for this kind of book. It was unique and captivating. I was hooked from pretty much the start of this. I. Could. Not. Put. This. Down.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You won't be a whore, but you will be my whore."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Since I have no idea how to put into words every single thing that I thought and felt, this will probably be a short review. I will say that Victoria was a very interesting anti-heroine. Life--or should I say, parents--have put her in a horrible situation where she ends up signing her life away. As a result, she is forced to do things by her husband Stewart--a successful older man . She is done being the victim. She wants revenge. She longs for freedom and control over her life. And it seems that she might just be able to pull it off.

This book was crazy good and the writing was amazing. The erotic scenes were hot and twisted and just flowed so well with the rest of the story. I loved the suspense and all those twists and turns in this book. I never knew what to expect. I had many guesses and many were wrong. I kept going back and forth about how I felt about Stewart, Brody, and Travis. There were parts I thought I liked them and could be trustworthy, but then I would completely change my mind.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'The real Victoria Harrington was not a whore. No, I was a fucking widow--a black widow--I wouldn't go back without a fight.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I really enjoyed this book. I'm not sure what to think about the ending. It has definitely left me with some questions but it was really good, nonetheless. It was a dark and mind blowing original story. Note, this is not a romance novel, it's far from it. It was enthralling and I enjoyed every moment of the crazy ride. This is definitely something worth checking out for yourself.